Myers Briggs with HSP Overlay
What is the Myers Briggs Type Inventory?
The Myers Briggs does not attempt to define a static, predefined personality type, but rather helps to provide pathways to a greater understanding of self and others, while also helping to identify strengths, weaknesses, and limitations as well as provide opportunities for personal, professional or spiritual growth.
The Myers Briggs/HSP Overlay class is offered four times each year: Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring.
There are two parts to this workshop:
Part One: 1.5 – 2 hours
After learning about the 8 preferences and what they measure, AND, most importantly, how they overlap the HSP trait, you will self-identify your MBTI type. We will use the statistically valid and reliable 93 question inventory for final clarification.
Part Two: 1.5 hours – 2 hours:
You will learn about the Dominant, Auxiliary, Tertiary, and the Least Preferred functions of your type as identified in Part One. This is perhaps one of the most overlooked, yet crucial aspects of learning about type and how to apply it in your life.
- To differentiate between five temperaments: introversion, extroversion, the sensitive introvert, the sensitive extrovert, the ambivert
- Why many HSPs may have felt they were “swimming upstream” from the dominant culture
- Why many HSPs may have felt more challenged to meet goals they have set for themselves
- The major confusion about the HSP Extravert – and why there may be more sensitive extroverts than we previously thought – (Hint: social anxiety ?)
- Why someone might have different scores each time they have taken a Myers Briggs assessment
- Why scoring “right in between” two preferences such as the J and P or E and I does not indicate one is “well-balanced” between the two
- About your least preferred function (the inferior function) and why this is crucial to what Carl Jung called full type spiritual individuation, and how the least preferred function can serve you
- Why we need all 16 types and why HSPs need non-HSPs and vice versa;
- To better understand the similarities and differences among people
- How your family of origin or school experience may have erroneously influenced your authentic self; and
- How Differential Susceptibility can affect how affect your introvert or extrovert preferences
Cost: $245 which includes the extensive handout package and the 3 – 3.5 hour group consultation time. If you are a past participant of an HSP Gathering Retreat, take 10% off = $220.50 You will need to register, make payment and complete the online assessment no later than Thursday, July 29, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
One of the main goals of the Myers Briggs/HSP Overlay class is for you to leave with a solid understanding of your type. However, in certain instances, a personal consultation may be needed in order to clarify the confusion surrounding your authentic type. In this case, additional charges would apply.
Register for Summer 2021 Sessions.